I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t write this post last night like I planned. I have administered appropriate punishment. I wrote my devotional yesterday, I think I even wrote on the short story I’d been doing for my challenge writing. As I looked at the rules for the challenge, though, they had ways to count editing. I really need to do a bunch of editing! I’m putting my devotionals into book form and I need to make sure that I’ve minimized the number of mistakes. (hint: there will always be mistakes. I shudder when I find mine after publishing, but I know they’ll be there.) Anyway, my challenge writing is working on editing. I’m preparing the May/June edition of Daily Enduring Truth. They are not from this year’s devotionals, so if you click on the links in these emails, you get new stuff! I have the January/February edition out in eBook form, but there are mistakes. When I was fixing those, I had a computer crash which put me way behind fixing that and then getting March and April edited – so I’m getting back on track to get the devotionals published.
Devotional – 446 words: March 26 – Respecting Others and Doing Our Job
Challenge Writing: 471 Words
Editing – 2 hours, 6 days worth of material. Challenge words: 800, Actual words edited and approved – around 4200
My focus will be on editing for the next few weeks at least.